We are seeking applications for Operations Controllers (OCs) to join our team at Wyvern House in Derby.
Our OCs are responsible for making real-time and forward plan decisions for the smooth running of our services, communicating with our team and our customers.
The successful candidates will manage the day-to-day train running of Rail Operations Group services, bidding for train paths through the STP process as well as organising last minute alterations to the train plan and roster. You will also be required to communicate these alterations to our customers and provide them with the level of service that they expect from the UK’s most innovative train operating company.
It is essential that:
• You display good numeracy and literary skills
• Demonstrable experience within the transport industry, ideally in rail operations
• Previous experience of dealing with customers directly
• Confident with a proactive attitude and attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills and awareness of passing safety-critical messages
• Able to stay focussed under pressure and manage workload accordingly
• Flexible approach to shift working
It is desirable that:
• You have knowledge of railway planning and the processes around it
• You have a good UK railway geographical knowledge
• You have a valid UK driving licence
If you are a professional, self-motivated and safety conscious individual, with previous transport control experience, then we would like to hear from you.
Please drop an e-mail along with a résumé or current CV detailing your experience to
Professional Train Drivers South-East
Due to ROG’s continued expansion, we are looking for more people to drive our trains in and around the south-east. If you are an experienced, motivated and highly competent professional train driver and you’d like to join our highly specialised and talented team of Operations Managers, we want to hear from you.
Train Planners - Derby
Due to ROG’s continued expansion, we are looking for more people to work in our train planning section. You need to be experienced in the use of train planning software and possess comprehensive knowledge of train planning rules and arrangements. You will be located in our HQ located on Derby station.
How to apply
Please drop an e-mail along with a résumé or current CV detailing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make it clear which role you are applying for.
Visit our News page and read our latest newsletter 'Keeping Track'
Please go to our 'Contact us' page.